---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mahesh T. Pai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 07-Feb-2007 21:56
Subject: Choice of scripting language on http://courtnic.nic.in
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sirs,

I  am trying  to view  http://www.courtnic.nic.in, and  find  that the
information relating to Kerala High Court cannot be accessed.

I find that  the pages use VB  script, and I would like  to remind you
that VB Script is a  scripting language specific to Microsoft Internet
Explorer.  As an  organisation in charge of maintaining  the web pages
of  several (almost  all), I  trust to  know already  that Microsoft's
Internet  Explorer is not  the only  web browser  used by  citizens of
India,  and  that  Microsoft's  Internet  Explorer will  run  only  on
Microsoft's operating system.

By using technologies which are specific to vendors, the web pages are
shutting  out  users of  other,  competing  operating  systems, and  I
submit, with due respect that  your actions amount to unduly favouring
Microsoft Corporation.

As a  citizen (and a  former lawyer) who  does not have access  to, or
afford software from Microsoft, (and avoids products from Microsoft by
choice) your use of VB Script  is excluding me from the information of
web site, and thus, you are discriminating against me.

As a state  organisation, you have the obligation  to ensure that your
choice of technology does not compel citizens to use software from any
particular vendor.

Hence, I humbly request you  to discontinue VBScript on the about site
at the earliest, and trust that I will not have to take this matter up
in judiciary.

With Warm Regards,

Mahesh T. Pai,
NANDINI,
SRM Road,
Cochin - 18.
Kerala.

--
FN M: 0091 9822122436 P: +91-832-240-9490 (after 1300IST please)
http://fn.goa-india.org  http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com