Gora Mohanty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   I had the (mis-)fortune of attending a seminar on Information

It was society's fortune. If you were not there, we would not have
known.

> Technology Standardization [sic] organised for the Bureau of
> Indian Standards (BIS), by MAIT. The ostensible reason for the
> meeting was to identify requirements of the IT industry in order
> "to formulate effective, meaningful and implementable standards".
> The background for this is an effort by Microsoft to push through

I suggest people wishing to work on this to go through

http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=20051216153153504

Attempts to fast track this as an ECMA standard has met with
resistance, so they are now using the ISI.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure