Vaibhav Singh wrote:
> hello members,
> i have a few questons to ask.
>
> 1. i have recently installed fc6 on my friends system.the problem arises
> when i m trying to add repositries or use any other rpm command containing a
> URL.
>     i can download stuff using wget so i dont think the problem is with the
> terminal using a proxy connection.
>      rpm -ivh
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm
>
>       Retrieving
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm
>       error: skipping
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm-
> transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error
>       warning: _url_cache[0] 0x8c7f340 nrefs(1284972991) != 1 ( )

think I know why this is happening...

> 2. when i m trying to install any package either by using add remove
> software or yum,it gives a message unable to resolve dependencies and lists
> all the depdencies
>     how can make these dependecies install automatically as in
> SYNAPTIC(UBUNTU)

what problems do you get ? can you do the yum install and past the
output here into an email ?

> 3. could you please suggest which repositries are good for fc6?
>    livna,freshrpms etc..

fedora-extras, already included with the install has a lot of packages
in there, freshrpms has a few more. That should really give you
everything you need. If you are going to use livna and/or atrpms - do it
with an includepkg= line in the .repo file so you can better manage the
situation.

all this is going to change, for the good, soon... but for now thats the
best you can do.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]