On Tuesday 09 January 2007 14:57, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Ok, without dwelling too much into the history of all this, can we
> start afresh? :)
>
> Can this wiki be used as the knowledge base for ILUGD from now on?
> How about pointing wiki.linux-delhi.org to the IP of the server
> where lug-delhi.org is residing, and I will move the wiki there? I
> would also have to setup all the redirection for popular links from
> the current link to the new one. Would anyone have a problem with
> that?

OK, what needs to be done on my side to bring the wiki into the
linux-delhi.org domain?  Is it as trivial as pointing
wiki.linux-delhi.org to your IP?

> I offer to manage it, as I have been doing for the past few years.
> Anyone else who would like to manage it - either from the UI or
> from the shell, are welcome too. However, the current need is more
> from the UI side than the system side - the latter doesn't take too
> much effort other than the occasional upgrading from time to time.
>
> The UI needs more effort - to attack the problems of most wikis
> degenerating into a pile of disorganized mess and to protect from
> wiki spam, I am locking down the frontpage and making it editable
> only to admins. This also imposes a structure to the wiki.

Fair enough.  I volunteer to be an admin -- been there, done that.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur           [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://kandalaya.org/
       GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F