vivek khurana wrote:
> --- Yashpal Nagar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Hi!
>>
>> How do we figure out if the CPU is dual core? i am
>> running RHEL 3/4 and
>> SUSE 10.
>> I have used lshw, /proc/cpuinfo but none of them
>> tell this arch of CPU.
>>
>  Does it show one cpu or two cpu ?

It shows double CPUs

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# grep -E '(processor|physical)' /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
physical id     : 0
processor       : 1
physical id     : 3
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

The count of physical id associated with processor tells how many core
it is. So in this case it is single core.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# grep -E  '(physical|processor)' /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
physical id     : 0
processor       : 1
physical id     : 0
processor       : 2
physical id     : 3
processor       : 3
physical id     : 3
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#
In this case it is dual core with each CPU. Physically there are only
2CPUs and showing 4.

My question is:
If we can see double CPUs in both the case of HT & dual core, how do we
differentiate whether it is due to HT or dual core nature of CPU.

Cheers!
Yashpal

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )