Raj Mathur wrote:
> As promised, I've done a terse write-up on using the Motorola A1200
> (MotoMing) mobile phone with Linux.  Rough first cut is available at:
>
> http://wiki.kandalaya.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/MotorolaA1200

It seems that the max you can do about mobile-computer connectivity on
your phone is backing up addressbooks, etc.

What about *syncing*  stuff like calendar, todo lists, etc.? I have an
N73. I have been looking around for a *respectably* easy way to sync my
mobile data to the computer. I would like to edit my schedule on my
computer(kaddressbook, (blech) evolution, etc.) and sync it to the
so-called smartphone. I have looked at stuff like multisync(i am told it
is obsolete), kitchensync(couldn't figure it out on feisty in the 5
minutes I gave it),etc. but no love.

Anyone who has done this yet? Or should I be looking at standalone PDAs
for this? Any recommendations? I don't particularly like replacing
firmwares with Linux everywhere. I would just like these devices to sync
to my PIM apps on Linux.

- Sandip