On 16-Aug-07, at 4:01 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

>> the spring edition *is* free - there *is* a free dvd for download
>
> I guess you did make your point of view amply clear - what would be
> far
> more interesting is why you seem/appear not to be in favor of someone
> "buying" a Mandriva ?

a friend of mine 'bought' a Mandriva, spent USD 80 on it, because he
wanted a box, manual and support. I was quite happy because that way
Mandriva gets some money to support the great work they are doing.
But, i find implied somewhere in some of the comments on this thread,
the idea that 'free' mandriva is 'pirated'. It is not. I think the
paid for versions have some closed drivers or some other features.
And has more software on the DVD than the free DVD - which means what
is missing on the DVD has to be downloaded - that's all.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS