Good LORD!

Gotta love discussions on issues which require about
15 minutes to fix, and perhaps double that typing out
philosophies on why not to.

Kenneth - your opinions on this matter, imho, are
rather baseless. Wikipedia does have issues against
original research, but NOT articles which cite
references - (to pages outside of wikipedia as a
primary source of information). Of course, keeping
them NPOV  (Neutral Point of view) is an art, which I
do agree a lot of potential article authors are not
well versed with.

As for articles with 'comments' attached - thats the
general rule on any encyclopaedia. You cite references
before you make claims, and automated bots/human
editors run around on the website, checking whether
these things are done or not. Its the norm, not the
exception.

Note to whoever made logos (Niyam?) - Please attribute
a license to them, and change it on the images page on
the (updated) wikipedia article. And mention it on the
freed.in website too. Perhaps a press kit would be a
good idea - logos, and a small blurb ready made for
anyone who wants to cover it.

- Viksit

--- Linux Lingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > do any of the other articles have these comments
> attached? Instead of
> > > sounding off - try to understand that wikipedia
> insists that all
> > > materials on wikipedia *must* be secondary
> information and not
> > > primary information. Wikipedia strongly opposes
> original material.
> > > And this blatant advertising for freed is just
> going to confirm the
> > > opinion held in many places that we are a nation
> of jerks.
>
> i agree with raj's comment below, to what kenneth
> says in the para above.
> look forward to kenneth making a positive
> contribution to wikipedia,
> and thereby with his own hands undoing the image of
> india *kenneth
> perceives* gets projected abroad with well-meaning
> and perhaps
> poorly-implemented wikipedia entries.
>
> ok kenneth you do that, and in celebration of YOUR
> effort and
> initiative, i'll celebrate kenneth's positive small
> contribution to
> the community with a round of samosas and chai at
> the next ilug-D
> meeting, being held this sunday.
> am sure kishore will be very happy to click and
> publish photos of
> those attending ilug-d, commemorating your
> pitching-in and helping the
> community and freed.in in a positive, constructive
> way.
>
> thanks also for sharing with us on how we can
> contribute in the right
> way to wikipedia. please lead us all by example.
>

> > OK, since you appear to be most concerned about
> India's image, why don't
> > you fix issues with the article (and thereby
> improve the global
> > perception of India and Indians)?
>
> er.. kenneth's perception of (perception of india
> and indians).
> if wikipedia moderated publicly-archived emails to a
> mailing list, i'm
> sure they'd add their customary '[citation needed]'.
>
> :-)
> niyam
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > -- Raju
> > --
> > Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://kandalaya.org/

> Archives at:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi

Viksit Gaur

viksit at aya dot yale dot edu
http://viksit.com

Just because you have a mind like a hammer doesn't mean you should treat
everyone else like a nail - Terry Pratchett