On 8/22/07, Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> during the talk at JNU last month, one issue that came up was the sizing
> model -
> how much resource you need to throw into the backend infrastructure to make
> the
> thin-client model work using NX/freenx.
>

> Hope this helps ( sorry, i didnt get the name of the person who was asking
> this
> question.. )
>
> - KB
> --

That was me.

Your description of the client use, is equivalent or more of the
"Knowledge Worker" described in the competitions literature. On the
face of it, I think the performances match.

If your data is on the same server as the NXserver, your users are
doing more I/O than would be typical in a normal working environment.
In most cases, users data would be on a NAS / SAN setup. So the
CPU/DMA load gets transferred to network. I do'nt know how much
difference does that make.

I have recently installed NXClients on a larger number of machines. I
am waiting for an opportunity to grab a decent server to proceed with
the testing.

Thanks for your inputs.

Anand Shankar