On 30/09/2007, Puneet Lakhina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> After successfully installing Ubuntu 7.04 on my external USB HDD, I am
> facing a problem.
> GRUB is installed on my primary hard disk. SO when i boot without having
> plugged in the USB Hard disk, i get the following error.
> GRUB Loading please wait..
> Error 21

Without connecting USB HDD, install complete GRUB on your internal HDD. Then
using a Live CD, install GRUB on your USB HDD too, separately.

Now you've a GRUB on your local disk as well as a complete one on your
external disk. Using boot priority, you can boot either.

Here are instructions on how to install GRUB. I prefer installing it using
GRUB prompt.
http://www.bo.infn.it/alice/alice-doc/mll-doc/linux/advanced/node49.html

- Kazim Zaidi