The big thing is not MS losing the trust case but the fact that it has
decided to not to contest the case.In the past it has always contested the
cases it has lost.Maybe now it has realised that its monopoly game cant go
on forever.

Bill is an intelligent guy.Let's see what his next move his !!!!!

On 10/23/07, Yashpal Nagar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Microsoft to carry out EU ruling:

> The European Commission said Microsoft will now charge a one-time fee of
> 10,000 euros to firms that want "complete and accurate" technical
> information on Windows software.
>
> In addition, it will also allow the data to go to open source software
> developers.
>
> Open source software allows users to read, alter and improve its code - in
> contrast to proprietary software where a company controls the source code.

> Full Story at:

> Regards,
>
> Yash
>

> On 9/17/07, Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Is this somehow connected to the world of linux?
> > > I can not make the connection .
> >
> > Perhaps not Linux directly, but definitely concerned with consumer
> > choice and freedom in IT.  I'd say it's on topic for the broader scope
> > of the list.
> >
> > If MS turns upside down and becomes a completely FOSS company, I'd
> > cheer :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -- Raju
> > --
> > Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/
> > Freedom in Technology & Software || September 2007 || http://freed.in/
> >        GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F
> > PsyTrance & Chill: http://schizoid.in/   ||   It is the mind that moves

Regards
Varun Mittal