On 13/11/2007, मनीष <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hehe.  Everybody around me pesters me to upgrade the phone but I have
> been holding out for That Perferct Phone.  May be Android will help
> develop it.
>
> --
> Manish

Unfortunately, No. Your PerfectPhone will be perfect in the same manner it
is right now.
Android-enabled phones will be shipped by manufacturers only after second
half of next year.
Android is a platform, and a lot of mobile manufacturers will be giving out
Android phones!

Not OT, because this means that mobile shall be *freed* finally, with
opensource applications
and development framework. That means you'll be able to hack your mobile in
the same way
you hack your linux. (Google will free mobiles ...
http://tuxplayground.blogspot.com/2007/11/google-will-free-mobiles.html)

A good OpenSource framework was missing from the mobile industry. Even if
some
frameworks are present (like Qutopia, OpenMoko), they'll still take some
time to reach ordinary users.
Android has the advantage of "Open Handset Alliance", which has some big key
players of mobile industry.

- Kazim Zaidi
Blog: http://tuxplayground.blogspot.com