> as you are a regular columnist with LFY, why dont you use your
> influence with them to see that they dont publish defective DVDs? I
> dont trust LFY dvds - I have downloaded my own copy.
>

> --
> regards
>
> Kenneth Gonsalves

hehehee.
ok, one bar of chocolate from me to anyone in the FOSS community who
can 'influence' LFY.
rahul, you ready for this? ;-)

otoh, if you read the editorial, you'll note they point the error to
something else than a defective DVD. check out LFY, Nov2k7 issue, page
23, first column, bottom, with the subhead: "Important Note". this was
a consistent bug they found.

having said that, yeah, even i tend not to trust cover-mounted media.
Even if the master disc and replication had no errors the handling and
delivery can introduce a lot of scratches and errors on the media.
whenever that happens, i usually request another disc and that takes
care of it.

:-)
niyam