On Saturday 01 Dec 2007, bipin sartape wrote:
> hello ,
>       we have an corporate email server which is using
> squirrelmail and using SquirrelMail's LDAP local
> address book to present all of the information as if
> it was a single address book.
>
>       i want to know whether the same authentication
> used for squirrelmail can be used for  authentication
> for other applications like ftp,web browsing  using
> LDAP of squirrelmail.

LDAP is LDAP, so you really shouldn't have any issues using the
Squirrelmail database for authenticating any LDAP-aware app.  As far as
I know Squirrelmail doesn't use any weirdo attributes, so you should be
able to use standard attributes for user ID, password, etc.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/