Hi All

On a HP blade BL460 G1 server where there is no option to disable the
hyper threading in BIOS. The only options it has is -

Advance -> processor Options ->
                                             \--> HW prefether
                                             \-->Adjacent Sector Prefetch
                                             \--> No-Execute Memory
Protection
                                             \--> Inter (R)
Virtualization Technology

BIOS version is I15 05/01/07, Called HP who told to upgrade Firmware but
appeared to be unsure whether upgrading would really fix. Current
firmware version also is not very old.
There is a application hosted on these boxes which requires the
hyperthreading to be turned off.

I tried to disable HT by putting the "noht" keyword in the kernel
argument line in grub.conf
## grub.conf
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (2.6.9-42.ELsmp)
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.ELsmp ro root=LABEL=/ noht rhgb quiet
       initrd /initrd-2.6.9-42.ELsmp.img
##

but it did't work,  Blades have 2 Xeon 2.33 Ghz processors, appearing as
4 in the OS,  /proc/cpuifo clearly tells processor is definitely HT
capable.

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall
lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr
cpu cores       : 2

is there any other way around?

Regards,