On Wednesday 09 Jan 2008 1:11:27 pm Raj Mathur wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 Jan 2008, Atanu Datta wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > MySQL will conduct a session in Bangalore and Delhi during the OSIW
> > (Open Source India Week) where they want feedback on the topics the
> > attendees will be interested in knowing more about. Following are a
> > few topics that came forth when we were cooking the programme with
> > MySQL's David Axmark and Brian Aker.
> >
> > 1. Zero hassles transition from MS Access/Oracle to MySQL
> > 2. How to do Stored Procedures, Triggers & Views in MySQL
> > 3. How to write storage engines for MySQL
> >
> > Those are some of the things that our DBA wants to know more about.
> > Obviously, there should be many more topics that you all want covered
> > or wanna discuss. Please throw your ideas, we'll put all of 'em in
> > the melting pot, and hand it over to the Brian so that he can design
> > the final programme.
>
> Is participation in the sessions free?  If not, will the people who make
> suggestions be paid for improving the quality of the course? :)
>
> -- Raju

The question was bang on target. ;-)

People whose suggested topic(s) are included in the workshop will be invited
to attend the workshop for free. Some of the early registrants from iLUG-D
will also be registered for free. Rest of the participants will be charged a
nominal fee. And people like me are not invited at all, cuz I don't even
understand the basics of an RDBMS. The workshop is only targeted to the
techies. :-(

Best,
Atanu