On Jan 29, 2008 3:36 AM, Smruti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Kris. Although it returns an error for GTK but running in the
> background just does the trick.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Smruti
>

> On Jan 26, 2008 5:58 AM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 25, 2008 4:02 PM, Smruti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Can somebody please assist me in enabling VINO remotely in Ubuntu. I
> > connect
> > > from a Windows XP through putty.
> >
> > $ /usr/lib/vino/vino-server
> > --
> > Kristian Erik Hermansen
> > "Know something about everything and everything about something."

Hi All,

Thanks for responding to the mail so quick.

Well, now i am facing some more problems. I am only able to login when one
of the user is logged into the system through on the local system; i;e using
the gui and not remote login, making it mandatory to physically access the
server in case of a reboot.

Is there any way of accessing the remote desktop of the server without
logging in locally ?

Also, once a user is logged-in, than on VNC Client it does not asks for
username and only asks for the password of the user who is already logged in
locally.

Any opinions??

Regards
Smruti

--
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
~Walter Bagehot