hi Friends,

I am currently using Samba on RHEL4.4 as a domain member of AD 2003 with
each user having a quota of 2GB(no of users is around 2,000). Now the
management wants to increase the quota to 10GB with this there will be more
than 20TB of data to be backup weekly which will taken lots of hours.
Currently Veritas backup software is used.There is a concept of snapshots of
Samba with LVM where snapshots of samba are taken at the given interval but
so far haven't found any good article or how-to on that and also what is the
exp of users using this technology.

There are lots of other companies who have TBs of data how do they backup
their data with minimum downtime or losing minimum data when there is a
crash. Mine is a mix environment of Linux,Solaris and Windows
XP/Vista/2003/.

Kindly let me know if you need any further inputs

Thanks & Regards

 Ankush