On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:21:17 +0530
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> | India's BIS votes against ooxml.  out of 19 members, five of them did not
> | attend the meeting, one of them abstained, five voted in favor of
> ooxml, and
> | the rest voted against.
>
> Congratulations to all those who worked long, worked hard and worked
> against tremendous odds to make this happen.
[...]

Heartily agreed. This is indeed great news. I was at one of the initial
BIS meetings, and the tone there was so overtly pro-Microsoft that this
is indeed a monumental achievement. I am sure that there were many people
involved in this effort, but the two whose major contributions I am aware
of were Venky and Nagarjuna. Hats off to them, and to everyone who did
their bit for this.

Regards,
Gora