Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Any suggestions on how to use an ageing PC (P2 333 MHz, 128 MB RAM,
> 10GB HDD, No CDROM, No Ethernet)?
>
> Would trying to convert it to a data/media server for my home LAN (if
> I attach a larger HDD and an ethernet card to it) be an exercise in
> futility? Should I just trash it instead?

Probably have enough horsepower to

* make a backup pc (backuppc.sourceforge.net) - maybe after adding usb cards
for extra offsitednessosityisness <TM>
* make a recording studio? (add soundcards, Rs100 each 2nd hand)
* make a wan aggregator (ebox, pfsense) for SMEs or for yourself - needs lan
cards ( maybe Rs100 each second hand)

If you have enough slots you can surely do fun stuff with it.

PJ