>  In Konquerer you have seprate buttons for move to trash and Delete.
>  As for .Trash, all this is on a separate NFS, so mv won't be fast too.
>  However mv on the same filesystem is instant.
>  SO thats why I do a mv to somedir.old, and start deleting it, and
>  carry on with my other work.

AFAIK, the mv is fast because only the directory entry is changed and
the actual data blocks are not. I think the fastest method would be
just change the dentry for this particular entry. One of the earlier
emails talked about unlinking using the --directory option.

--
Sharninder
http://nomadicrider.com/