On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Gora Mohanty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hi,
>  >     It seems either you don't have glibc-headers installed on your machine
>  > (install/re-install it) or you've glibc-headers at some unusual place. Try
>  > to find location of stdio.h on your machine. If it's not /usr/include then
>  > try to install/re-install the glibc-headers package. It should help you
> out.
>  [...]
>
>  For the record, the equivalent package on Ubuntu, and presumably Debian
>  is libc6-dev. I completely agree that it is a pain that gcc, and/or
>  the C library development package does not automatically install this.
>
>  Regards,
>  Gora

Thanks a lot, it did help resolve the compilation issues I had, to
start with. But the naming and packaging coventions do introduce an
avoidable pain. Finally I am getting stuck at compiling certain
applications for which source tar.gz is available. But after pushing
through initial hurdles I realise that this source will compile only
on debian and not on fedora.
Huh thats what all migration stuff seems to be all about. I am not a
professional, so would be forced to maintain a dual-boot/virtual
setup.

anand