Sirtaj Singh Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am here to destroy my little cred as a long-time unix-lover with a
> single statement: I really don't like man pages.

Man!!! As if loving man pages was a pre-requisite for loving the OS!!!

> What I am looking for is something that can convert a given man page to
> HTML or some other similar format, with such new-fangled features like
> a useful table of contents, perhaps even an index.

Install man2html, and browse them in your fav browser!!

A webserver will have to run on localhost, and the browser will have
to be pointed to http://localhost/cgi-bin/man/man2html.

I had it installed once, but found that saying "man foo" on konqueror
to be more konvenient.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
Learn from the mistakes of others.