hi nishant,

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Nishant Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I had tried many times in the past to book tickets on
>  http://pvrcinemas.com using Firefox/Iceweasel on
>  Debian,
[snip]
>  Yesterday I had sent a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  and I have received following reply from them:
>
>  ----------------------------
>  Dear Mr. Sharma,
>
>  Greeting from pvr cinemas!!!
>
>   This is kind to inform you that our site is only
>  supported  by Microsoft Internet Explorer.
[snip]

>  ------------------------------
>
>  I had also mentioned about "Hall of Shame" and India
>  Linux Users Group, Delhi.
>
>  Time to edit the "Hall of Shame" page on the Wiki?

i completely agree with you.
pvrcinemas' site sucks,
never works under gnu/linux.
i've been regularly checking since circa 2001-end or so.

there's always one shoddy problem after the other.
i've also sent them feedback once or twice.

i've also noticed a few other cinema-sites also suffer from similar problems.
will compile a list later.
until then, let's use some HoT MetaL type to imprint their name in the
hall of shame.

at one time they also allowed you to download a mobile app for booking tickets.
can no longer find that app. should we also strongly recommend
freeware mobile-app guys
like these, to consider using a muft and mukt license?
besides, they'll still get to earn their money from ticket sales
so they don't lose anything.

regards
niyam