Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would like certain scripts to be run after an interface comes up(like
> tun0) and another to be run after the interface goes down.
>
> Now I am sure there is a mechanism to trap this, but for some frustating
> reason am unable to find it. I would appreciate a
> clue to go further on this.

Dunno, since I've not played around with tun/tap yet but I'd have looked into
if-up.d (and if-down etc), and stick in:

#! /bin/sh

[ "$IFACE" == "tun0" ] || exit 0

#restofscript here

If that doesn't work, you can probably use inotify on the udev system.
Maybe. Like I said I dunno, I just read and learn by tinkering around.
Lemme know when you figure it out.

PJ