2008/5/13 aashish khanna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  I,like many out there, am a total newbie to linux and FOSS and am desperate
>  to learn and work.I have completed my 3rd year IT at NIT Jaipur and just
>  came to know about FOSS from a senior,who sadly has left the college. he
>  told me to go to the LUG at my place.So guys anyone to mentor me and others
>  like me during the two months and in future on my journey of FOSS and linux.

Welcome to the list.
Everyone here is a learner and we try help each other out. While you
will not get any hand holding but you will get pushed in to right
directions. One of the benefits of learning at this point in time is
connectivity and benefits of flat world. Search the net, dowload and
try different installations and programming languages all for price of
connectivity. Join mailing lists devoted to your current area of
interest. You are already on way to becoming a FOSS expert.
Post what specific questions / problems you have and I am sure some or
the other would respond.

Sudev Barar