I don't much like surveillance cameras, but apparently they're some use
after all :)

<snip>
The Get Out Clause are an upcoming UK band who are currently unsigned.
They took a brilliant and I’m sure soon to be much copied method to
producing their own video.  Unable to hire a production crew for a
standard 1980’s era MTV music video, they performed their music in
front of 80 of the 13 million CCTV "security" cameras available in
England, including one on a bus.

They then used Britain’s Data Protection Act to request the footage that
was shot of them.  Grab some decent and inexpensive video editing tools
(say. . . an iMac) and presto!  They got themselves a unique and in my
opinion quite interesting music video.

Full story at:

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=3961

Rock on!