On Mon, June 2, 2008 3:30 pm, arun singh wrote:

> I am using Ubuntu 8.04 .I have installed every AV player viz. VLC,mplayer
> Kaffeine,xmms and others but i am unable to run the videos. some blurred
> images and intermingling lines appears whenever i runs the videos.
> i have tried to install almost every codec /plug-in for every player but
> unable to get out from this problem.
>
> Please guide me right to provide the solution.

Try the Ubuntu Wiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats - and follow the
instructions there. The simplest is install ubuntu-restricted-extras through
synaptic, which will take care of most of the video and audio applications. For
encrypted DVDs, and Windows codecs, you would need to do some extra work (read
it yourself in the Wiki).

Please note: Once you're done with the installation, you may need to logout and
log back in to view the Videos.

Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com