Hi,

My uncle in Bengaluru took the bold step (yes, at 80+ it's bold!) of
switching to Linux on his PC, discarding the assembler-installed
Winduhs in the process.  Unfortunately, he didn't consult me before
doing so (he wasn't even aware that I know Linux), and ended up with
BOSS Linux.

Now he's running into a few problems, mostly media and desktop related,
which I can't help him debug remotely.  Anyone near Jayanagar who can
pop over to his place and help him sort out his problems?  If you're
reasonably familiar w/ Linux it shouldn't take you more than an hour or
so.

Specifically, he's unable to do the following:

- View his encrypted PDF bank statements
- Use his printer
- Play DVDs and VCDs (totem refuses to open them)

Apart from that he gets occasional screen freezes and vanishing icons,
which looks like a hardware problem to me (though I could be wrong).  A
memtest should rule out or confirm bad RAM as a possibility, at least.

Mail me for his contact details if you can help,

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/