Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:18:32 +0530
> Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Give xhost +
>>> as root, or as the user logged in on Display :0
>>> Then from the ssh terminal, use xmessage. It'll work.
>>>
>> Argh, please don't suggest such blatant violations of security on a
>> mailing list!  xhost + will just open up the system for exploits,
>> viruses and trojans.
>>
> [...]
>
> Yup. At best, this could be a "xhost +localhost", but even that
> depends on how much you trust your users.
>
> Regards,
> Gora

Correct me if i am wrong, does this really matter if it is a desktop PC
and a user is accessing the system via SSH, means a secure tunnel!
I don't think there is any security hole if the system is a standalone
one, with someone accessing via ssh!
Had it been a network server or a multi user environment, then it can be
a big concern...

    Still, this will help...
       [+]name The given name (the plus sign is optional) is added to
the list allowed to connect to  the  X
               server.  The name can be a host name or a user name.
    <!-- From UNIX Manual -->

So, give xhost [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Shamail Tayyab