Hi,

I have been a java programmer for almost 2 years now and java is the only
language I have gone into the depths of. But out of general interest and
curiosity I want to learn other languages. I have started to dabble in a bit
of php and python. The problem I have - I keep asking the question how is
this done in PHP/Python. So I keep looking for a Java like solution to all
the problems. I believe this prevents me from learning a language in all its
splendor.

An example of this is when I started learning PHP, i looked for Data base
drivers and making connections, but as it turned out it wasnt like java jdbc
and the lot. mysql was more explicitly integrated into php.

Similarly I have a problem that I want to sort a list of objects in php, and
what do I start doing, I start looking for hashCode and equals like methods.

Requesting your thoughts on effective ways if any to avoid thinking of "my
mother tongue" like words in other languages :)

--
Puneet
http://sahyog.blogspot.com/