Subject: Problems with http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/
Date: Sunday 18 May 2008
From: Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your web site: http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/staff/index.jsp makes the
following statement:

<quote>
Please only use Internet Explorer to file Property Tax
</quote>

I (and many others like me) do not use Microsoft Windows, do not have
access to a Windows computer and can and will not use Internet Explorer
for a number of reasons, including security issues.

On behalf of all citizens of Delhi who do not use Internet Explorer, I
request you to make your web site and web services compliant with open
standards and open browsers e.g. Firefox and Konqueror.

Further, mandating the use of a specific operating system (Windows in
this case) for your clients would not be considered acceptable
behaviour from a respected Government organisation, and I also request
that your web site be made compliant with multiple platforms, including
(but not limited to) Windows, Macintosh, Linux, BSD, various flavours
of Unix and standards-compliant mobile browsers.

Lastly, your web site also contains the following text:

<quote>
Site is best viewed on IE 6.0 in 1024 x 768 resolution.
</quote>

I request you to also remove this notice as soon as the web site has
been made standards-compliant.

Awaiting your early reply and prompt action.

Yours sincerely,

-- Raj Mathur