On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:10:38 +0530
"Puneet Lakhina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Ubuntu and depend on Synaptic to install/uninstall packages and
> also to search for packages. I want to gradually learn to do the same
> things from the command line. Is there any way I can sort of ask
> synaptic to log all system commands (apt-get or whatever) that it
> executes with the options?

Hi Puneet,
 You can go through Apt documentation by installing these packages
apt-doc and apt-howto besides the man pages. apt-get is easy to use
command line frontend to APT, hope these docs helps you in the
transition. Besides apt-get there is aptitude - a ncurses based
frontend to Apt.
 Hey, *I may be wrong*, but Synaptic uses library calls to APT
and there may not be any provision to log actual apt-get commands.
 I am an Ubuntu user, but have'nt used Synaptic since years so cant
help you more with this.

Jasbir