On Sunday 20 Jul 2008, shirish wrote:

> A quick search leads me to
> http://www.innomedia.com/products_sohores_mta6328_1be2s_specs.shtml

Looks like an integrated VoIP ATA (RJ11) + router.

> Now if somebody has worked with this router and knows whether
> port-forwarding can be done on this router.

If you don't care for the VoIP tel. service (RJ11 ATA port), you could
try replacing it with a regular fast ethernet router (RJ45 on WAN
port). DLink and Linksys have various models that do port forwarding or
at least a DMZ to one IP no. on the LAN.

I am not sure if Reliance binds it's VoIP service with the serial no. or
MAC address of the device.  You will most likely loose this aspect of
the service with above.

> If not, can somebody recommend some other router which would give the
> same functionality, bearing in mind the router could talk/work with
> with the RJ-45 downlink/uplink port which is there instead of the
> regular RJ-11 which the telephone line uses.
>
> If not, if there are any other options besides changing the service
> providers.

MTNL ADSL service has worked out OK for me and they don't seem to be
blocking any ports.

--
Arun Khan