Hi,

I use an eclipse plugin called Mylyn [1]. Mylyn allows me to group my work
into tasks (integrates with things like Bugzilla, trac etc.)[2]. The best
thing that Mylyn provides is that it creates separate contexts for each of
these tasks. The context influences what I see in a particular eclipse view.
So for example, in the file explorer view in eclipse, I only see files that
I have changed while working in this context. Additionally it also
influences the auto suggest options.

The context feature works great when you have to frequenly switch between
tasks. It allows you to get back into the mode for solving a particular
task.

I was wondering if something similar for the shell would be useful. It could
for example alter the history to only have the commands that you used in the
context of working on a paritcular task. It could maybe even set up env
accordingly.

Requesting your thoughts.

1. http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/
2. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mylyn1/