I have an airtel DSL connection with the beetel 220 BX adsl2 ethernet modem.
This modem's ethernet wire goes into the Dlink wireless modem.
I tried to login to the admin interface at 192.168.1.1 from my
laptop(wireless) but i get connection reset error page everytime. What could
the problem be?

Other information:
1. My laptop is allocated an IP address by the wirless modem DHCP server -
the address allocated is - 192.168.0.118. The ip address of My wireless
modem's wireless interface is 192.168.0.1
2. I am able to browse the internet without any probelm.

3. the nmap scan on the DSL router reveals that the ports 21,23,80 and 5190
are open.
    Of these 5190 was opened by me for some testing sometime ago.

--
Puneet
http://sahyog.blogspot.com/