On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> As most of you are aware of my problem with Sify. The problem has not been
> solved yet. While I can access the Internet using Windows, I cannot do the
> same with GNU/Linux distros.
>
> Should I not file a case with Consumer Forum? What do you suggest?
>
> Any one on the list using SIFY connection? Do you face similar problem?

Are you using the "official" Sify client for GNU/Linux? If so then FYI
it's worse than useless. I used Sify a loong time back (and the
decision to switch for MTNL was one of the best decisions I took in my
life). I had to use a 3rd party app by Bhushan Tiwari to get it
working - find the code at
<http://n.domaindlx.com/ujjwal/linux/sify_tweaked2.c>. Also read this
thread - <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi/17095/>.

-- Anupam