On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Sharninder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I have few queries regarding openmoko , May be somebody can answer!
>> (probably Deepank)
>>
>>  How can i order openmoko , What will be the service terms for the
>> openmoko phone ?, Is anybody on list using the openmoko phone ? How do
>> we compare it with HTC i-touch ?
>
> I don't know about the service terms etc., but the openmoko site does
> list a Jaipur based company as the distributor for openmoko.

Its idasystems (http://www.idasystems.net/freerunner)
However, it is not clear whether they are franchises or just
resellers. Because all they do when u order is that order the US store
on ur behalf, get it and deliver it to u. They explicitly mention the
DHL service charge added to the price. Customer Service/etc option
could not be found.
You cannot compare it to HTC Touch (What's "i"-touch?) because
everything is different. Hardware wise freerunner is much much more
powerful (better processing speed, better and more peripherals, etc).
Software wise, stack used in both phones is completely diff. Plus diff
stacks are available for openmoko itself I think, one that comes with
it, another is Qtopia, then i also read that debian has been ported
over to freerunner (ah apt-get goodness :) ). User interface is
anyways subjective.
But only thing is that reliability right now is a bit circumspect, but
that is only from what I've read so far, not experienced.

-Shantz