*Gentoo is canceling the 2008.1 release*. Donnie Berkholz of Gentoo writes,
"The release engineering team has to reconsider its priorities—we
overstretched our human resources during the prolonged 2008.0 release
process. This caused too much stress for our release engineers and multiple
postponements of the release"

 Their release engineering team <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/> is
looking for new volunteers because it perpetually has a severe lack of
manpower. We are particularly looking for people with a good grasp of ebuild
development and the ability to debug/fix problems that crop up during
building and testing of the stage tarballs and ISO images. We will update
the staffing needs page with more details.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/

--
Swapnil Bhartiya
http://ybfree.blogspot.com/