On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 7:57 PM, shantanu goel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm cross-compiling an application to 32 bit arch. My app uses
> dbus-glib bindings. My base system is Ubuntu Hardy 64, so I use the
> -m32 flag with gcc to compile but it gives me an error of missing
> libdbus-glib-1.so. All other libs are present as I've already
> installed gcc-multilib, ia32libs etc packages and am also able to
> cross compile other applications that don't depend on this particular
> library. Any suggestions which package to install to get this 32 bit
> lib onto my system?

Got the solution to it on ubuntuforums, thought of posting it here as
well if someone finds it useful. "getlibs" did it for me. It
automatically downloaded and installed the required i386 package. (On
second thoughts I could have done the same by downloading that package
manually and opening it up and hand copying the required .so to
/usr/lib32 as default install directly would have overwritten the 64
bit version in /usr/lib, but getlibs does it automatically saving a
bit of time plus it can do this for all the needed libraries for a
particular executable, probably by discovering using ldd)

Linky: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790