On Wednesday 29 October 2008 23:29:22 Sudhanwa Jogalekar wrote:
> Some interesting reading here:
>
> Ubuntu's Shuttleworth: "I don't think anyone can make money from the
> Linux desktop"
>
> Check out this URL:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2894&tag=nl.e539

Context is very important. :)

- Sandip

Mark Shuttleworth, the guy behind the most popular Linux distro
(Ubuntu), bursts a bubble during yesterday’s press call:

    “I don’t think anyone can make money from the Linux desktop.”

Rather than making money from the desktop OS, Shuttleworth believes that
the direction to go is for-cost services:

    “The only way to build business around software is with services.”