On Sat, November 8, 2008 3:31 pm, Subhanjan Ghosh said:
> Hi Karan,
>
> I want to list all the rpms that are installed on the Linux box.If I pipe
> grep and a specfic name of a package it is not showing.
>
> I am unable to query the rpm database.

If the following command returns zero results:

rpm -qa

then, maybe your rpm database is corrupt. I guess under the circumstances
first you need to delete the corrupt database:

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

This will delete the database files. Now, simple rebuild the database
again as follows:

rpm --rebuilddb

Guess this should solve the issue. Of course, I don't have a RHEL/CentOS
system handy, and haven't used for a year, so I can't test. Karan will
have the sure-shot answer.

Best,
Atanu