On 1/2/09, Gora Mohanty <g...@sarai.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:15:36 +0530
> "Sudev Barar" <sba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2009/1/2 Mohit Singh <gmohitsi...@gmail.com>:
> > > We Welcome all of you @ 'FOSSTIVAL 2009 - GNU/Linux Software
> Development
> > > Workshop' at IIMT Engineering College, Meerut from 9th to 11th January
> 2009!
> > >
> > > FOSSTIVAL 2009 will have parallel lab sessions on Linux shell & system
> > > programming and Web Development Technologies by community hackers.
> > >

> > Nice to see FOSS activities springing up in colleges. While personally
> > I will not be able to make it but am sure if there would be volunteers
> > available from his list for helping out if specific needs can be
> > identified.
> [...]
>
> I will echo Sudev's words. While people from here might
> be willing to participate, it is not clear from the above
> what form such participation might take. Is there a webage,
> or a schedule somewhere. Google turns up some things, but
> I am not sure if these are correct.
>
> So, what kind of participation is the event looking for?
>
> Regards,
> Gora

Dear FOSSmates,

GLUG-Meerut started its activities on 08-08-08 with the NRCFOSS workshop -
'Free as in Freedom' in the format of 'Faculty Development Program' for
engineering faculty members. It introduced FOSS philosophy, Basic hands on
GNU/Linux and general applications.

Now we are organizing 'FOSSTIVAL 2009- GNU/Linux Software Development
Workshop' for CS/IT/EC/MCA students of pre-final year and final year and
even for anybody who loves GNU/Linux and wants to learn the art of hacking.

FOSSTIVAL has two parallel lab sessions in which the participants will bring
their GNU/Linux laptops and they'll be trained hands on in Linux shell &
system Programming and Web Development Technologies by community hackers.

Linux Shell & System Prgg track:

Intro to GNU/Linux system  (Atul Jha agreed to take the session)
BASHing
GNU Toolchain
POSIX API  Intro          (Nirendra Awasthi agreed to take the session)
Linux Kernel API Intro (Govind Raj - CDAC NOIDA agreed to take the session)
Potential small projects as appetizers for hacker newbies
Sahana - (Ajay Kumar - <Sahana contributor> agreed to take the session)
Drupal - (Atul Jha agreed to take the session)

Web Development Technologies Track:

ABCD of Web Tech.(Vivek Khurana Agreed to take the session)
Apache (Pranav Madhyastha agreed to take the session)
MySQL (Tarun Dua Agreed to take the session)
 PHP
Web 2.0 FOSS apps (Vivek Khurana Agreed to take the session)
 Potential small projects as appetizers for hacker newbies

Please help us fill the gaps in speakers above. We will be arranging pickup
and drop from Delhi. We will make arrangements for one taxi from Delhi to
Meerut on 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th January. Stay for all speakers will also
be arranged in meerut.We welcome the community hackers to help us establish
a hacker centre in Meerut so that the entire region may be integrated into
FOSS wave.

I am one of the founder members of g...@iitr (2003) and GLUG-Meerut has got
almost 1.5 times the members of IITR GLUG within five months. We have 30
engineering colleges in Meerut and a lot of FOSS potential to become FOSS
capital of UP.

We welcome your contribution and participation to FOSSTIVAL 2009.

Warm Regards,

Mohit Singh