Dear FOSSmates,

The term 'HACKER' is always associated generally with CYBER CRIME, CYBER
CRIMINALS and CRACKERS.

Whatever we say within us, the fact remains that almost entire law making
bodies and media associate this term with cyber crime or the like.Then the
public image of HACKER becomes synonymous to CRIMINAL.

GLUG-Meerut has access to a local FM channel IIMT Radio 90.4 FM and today we
have got our FOSSTIVAL 2009 Radio AD approved by them containing the
sentence - "HACKER is NOT a criminal, HACKER is an artistic programmer
instead, come join the HACKERS". It's all set to be on air w.e.f. TODAY.
I do believe that we need to do a lot more in this context and a combine of
FSF,OSI,NRCFOSS,CDACs,IITs,etc. must raise voice against usage of 'HACKER'
as CRIMINAL in any place at least in India.

Mohit Singh