Dear All,

I am trying to setup a mail server using postfix as the MTA.

I have installed the following packages on my RHEL5 box

courier-authlib-0.61.0-1.rh5Server
courier-authlib-devel-0.61.0-1.rh5Server
courier-authlib-ldap-0.61.0-1.rh5Server

Apart from these, I have

openldap-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3
nss_ldap-253-12.el5
openldap-clients-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3
openldap-devel-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3
courier-authlib-ldap-0.61.0-1.rh5Server
openldap-servers-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3

installed. Have compiled maildrop 2.0.4 and the output of maildrop -v is

[r...@mailbase ~]# maildrop -v
maildrop 2.0.4 Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.
GDBM extensions enabled.
Courier Authentication Library extension enabled.
Maildir quota extension enabled.
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. See COPYING for additional information.

The user information is stored in LDAP and maildrop is delivering the mails
at proper folders. The mail users are all virtual users. As the mail
delivery is happening as expected I was thinking that the maildrop is able
to communicate properly with authlib and my configuration of authlib is in
order. But I am finding that the command authtest is failing with the error
"Authentication FAILED: Operation not permitted"

[r...@mailbase ~]# authlib bonhi
-bash: authlib: command not found

but slapcat returns the following details of the user bonhi

dn: uid=bonhi,ou=rpg.in,dc=rpg,dc=orgn
uid: bonhi
sn: bonhi
title: bonhi
homeDirectory: /home/vmail/rpg.in/bonhi
mailMessageStore: /home/vmail/rpg.in/bonhi/Maildir/
mail: bo...@rpg.in
mail: bo...@rpgnet.com
mailForwardingAddress: bo...@rpg.in

May I request for some indication on what is going on here? I am at a loss.

With regards,

goutam