Hi,
I received an email from crmarket...@airtel.in, I use airtel broadband
but this is the first time they sent such a mail. The mail had an
image attached which looks like a snapshot of some webpage. The weird
part is the text of the mail, it's some sort of Non-disclosure
Agreement which I'm supposed to automatically bind to as I open the
mail, that's totally absurd. I spoke to Airtel CC and at first one
person verified the mail but seemed quite unsure to me. He said it was
only sent to 'special' customers which makes me wonder why I am a
'special' customer. After two more calls to CC, I was told to forward
the mail to care....@airtel.in. They said that they would call me back
in an hour. I am still waiting for that.

The content of the mail is as follows:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Airtel Limited or its
subsidiaries and associated companies(collectively "Bharti Airtel
Limited"),are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the
integrity of/overthe contents of the information contained in e-mail
transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature
of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so
expressly with due authority of Bharti Airtel Limited. Before opening
any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

It looks more like a phishing attack. Sane advice would be not to open
the attachment but my curiosity got the better of me and I had to
check what this weird mail was. Since I have not received a good
enough response from Airtel for a week now, paranoia is setting in :-)
Anybody else received such a mail?

P.S.: Apologies if this looks like a long rant, but its really
confused me and googling around didn't help as I couldn't find anybody
else facing this issue.

Regards,
guru