On Wednesday 29 Apr 2009, Saurabh wrote:

> So please help me ,following are the links to the applications
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiere
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenERP
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMFG
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERP5
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTuple
[1]  These are full fledged ERP/MRP packages with accounting modules.
Since you are interested only in the accounting aspects they may not be
for you.  Usually, the learning curve is steep being ERP packages.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnuCash
For a small business this should do but it is not multi-user (network).

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grisbi
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomeBank
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JGnash
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NolaPro
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postbooks
no idea about the above.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMyMoney
I tried it about 18 months ago and preferred GnuCash to KMyMoney.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_Accounting
IIRC, the multi-user (network) version is around USD 500 and comes with
the source code.

> All have been picked up from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Linux_accounting_software

I would suggest that you make a matrix of *your requirements*, then
visit the home page of the applications (and not just the wikepedia
writeup) and go over the functionalities of respective packages, fill
up the matrix and short list a  couple for evaluation.

--
Arun Khan