On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Amit Sharma <amitsharm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my friend has setup of 2 computers connected to a switch/ hub.
>
> He does DTP work and hence has no other alternative than to use windows as
> OS.
>
> From past one week virus has made his life miserable. He got his machines
> formatted twice but within a day or two they get infected again because of
> the fact that he has to plug in his clients pen drive, CD etc. for data
> backup, restore, etc.
>
> He has a external hdd with him.
>
> My Questions:
>
>  1. Can Coreldraw and Pagemaker be used on Linux using Wine? Is it
>     successful? What about fonts issue?
no idea try it, does he have all  the warez legal once , you can try
installing clam av to dether the nuisance but again no idea if it
works i have not tested it myself.

>  2. Can external HDD or one of the computer to be used in such a way
>     that atleast the data he backs up say one a week, remains uninfected?
it should be possible with having a linux partition and using explore2fs

>  3. Any other solution?
yes get rid of it :-) in a phased manner like introducing your friend
to manage his clients with Gimp and Scribus more gyan you should be
getting from folks like Niyam  who have done enough work with these
kind of use cases.

-Satya
http://www.linkedin.com/in/satyaakam