[snip]

> Samajwadi Party Website is www.samajwadipartyindia.com which is PHP based.
[snip]

those pleasant folks who effectively wanted to ban the use of
computers, and english,
and even all forms of mechanized farming? an assertion which they
later tried to soften?

i've also noticed their site making a copyright assertion on all its
authored content.
it's interesting no one seems to have understood the value of
creativecommons or copyleft.

meanwhile, i've also decided *not* to vote for any party or candidate
sending me spam-smses
or unsolicited smses, as i consider this a gross violation of privacy
and a total legal disregard
of the National Do Not Disturb (N-DND) registry of the TRAI, to which
i'm subscribed.

india is indeed a young nation, with approximately 54% of its
population under the age of 35 years,
and that's a lot of folks for a 1 billion population.
what amazes me, is how come no one has yet seriously considered a
'Pirate Party of India'.
the one in sweden is the fourth-largest in its country already, and
similar ones exist across Europe.
take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party

i am reasonably certain such a party would soon emerge in india, more
sensitive (hopefully)
to our cultural values towards knowledge and sharing across software,
authored literature, medicine,
education, agriculture, genetics, and more.

who knows, we might just see some of our young folks from ilug-d
moving on to form such a party eventually. i can think of several
dozen candidates from the foss community!

until they do, i'll just reserve my finger for port 79.

regards
niyam bhushan