On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthim...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The  NCERT operating system is collaborative effort of IIT Delhi and
> NCERT and  is envisioned to be a collection of all relevant Free and  Open
> Source software that is needed for a school student to follow the  school
> curriculum, without the need to pay for expensive proprietary and  poor
> quality software.
> It includes a Free/Open Source operating System and all additional
> educational open source software.

This is really a great news. As it will also help in spreading the open
source spirit and make students learn about the latest technologies which
exist outside of their curriculum.

Is it some form of a Linux distribution or an OS built totally from scratch?
As it contains free and open source software. And can we actually contribute
to it's development, which I would love to do?

Any more details about it or any download link will be appreciated. In fact,
how much time will it take to reach school curriculum, so that we can help
them in it's learning. Man, I'm really curious about this. :D

--
Regards

Chirag Anand
4th Year, B.Tech